spark plugs filters etc. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 27-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

alfa 156

spark plugs filters etc.

hi all,just done cambelt,balancer belt,idlers etc on my t reg 2.0 ts,garage rang me to tell me someone had bodged the aux.belt idler tensioner pulley,they had stripped the thread in the ali housing,and helicoiled it,but they had drilled it of true,so the pulley was running not square to the belt,anyway it lasted 12 miles before shredding the belt,so garage have fitted new belt,by running lenght of string round pulleys,to get a measurement,taking the tensioner pulley and aircon out of the equation,they found a belt to fit perfectly,and fitted it by removing the crank pulley,i have a fully stamped service book upto 59000 all done by a alfa main dealer,so it was probaly bodged by them ihave fitted 2 new excellent uniroyal rain experts tyres to the front,as recommended by members on here,next thing is going to be plugs,oil and air filter and oil change,by myself,what oil do i need and any recommendations for cheapest place for plugs etc,my £600 bargain,currently owes me £1200 +,but i love the car and is a pleasure to drive so you cant put a price on that,my 11 year old son would rather go to football training in the alfa than the wifes new golf,it still stands up against all the new audis,bmw's etc in the car park,and its paid for,cheers all.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Perth and Kinross
Oil: 10W40 (semi or fully-synthetic). Plugs are pricey...try Alternative Autos, Euro Car Parts or EB Spares.

I'd also recommend more frequent use of full stops and the enter key ;-)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

filters , plugs , spark