Another Gt JTD knob question???? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: West Midlands
Lift reverse = screw off
Non-lift reverse = I don't know Gear stick with knob removed Gear knob and lift reverse sleeve Inside of gear knob (I can't get a good pic but there is a thread there, trust me!) Lift reverse sleeve removed. You can drive without it but makes changing into 6th a bit dangerous

Last edited by stuboy2uk; 28-02-11 at 20:12.
Sponsored Links
If you guys think that pulling the knob is something a girl can do with one hand just breaking a sweat, you're wrong.
Either twist a bit until it dislocks, then pull, but I did not manage on the GTA gearknob, just on the GT one, or use a rubber hammer to slightly beat up the knob. The second solution is better for me, the first one got me a black eye, but put a bag over the knob so you don't lose the spring for the reverse when the knob pops out.
(Post Link) post #28 of 29 Old 01-03-11 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Ok im giving up, ive pulled, twisted, yanked!! so decided to recondition the leather knob i have, used a great black leather pigment spray. Prised the stainless centre gear guide off gently from the inside, with a flat head screw driver. Stripped the dull grey paint off along with the scratches. And will spray it a nice bright silver tomorrow once the primer has dried. Will post some pics when im done.

Club Member
Membro Premio
County: West Dunbartonshire
Originally Posted by AR07ADE View Post
Hello I had the same problem tried putting adjustable underneath and hitting upwards as someone suggeted on here DONT the Gear knob on my 2007 gt q2 is most certainly screwed on I found this out by dissecting the top of the gear knob with a hacksaw to reveal a nylon threaded stub which the gear stick screws into it was however glued in as well managed to get it off by applying stylsons and winding off.

At the same time I fitted a set of DRL into the bottom grill, the grill is great for allowing flush fitting as you can cut the exact shape with a pair of wire cutters gotta say they look the D,sBs all I need now is to wire them in anyone know what colour the Fog light or side light wire is that leads into the headlight unit ?
Hi.....did you ever get around to putting DRLs In? Was thinking of doing this as cheap as chips on eBay and the grill below the indicator is an ideal spot...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

jtd , knob , question