Cruise Control Light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 21-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

Cruise Control Light

Hi guys, just thought I'd share some 'How to...' regarding the sensor on the clutch for the Cruise Control. Its a 10 minute job, I took my Alfa GT in for a service and had the guys grease up my clutch as it had the some what typical clutch creak, and once I joined the motorway I realised the cruise control wasn't working.

Now all you have to do, I say this but even as a slim guy I struggled, you have to get under the steering rack, to the left of the clutch pedal you will notice a white clip and box.

Unclip the clip (a lot of use of the word clip there), then rotate the 'box' 90 degrees anticlockwise, and take out the box. All you need to do know is take a pair of pliers, or if you do not mind a bit of greese in your mouth, put the button between your teeth and pull gently until your hear 3 clicks.

You will now need to press the clutch slightly, about an inch or two so that you can put the sensor back in place. When you release the clutch you will hear a click, as the button in the sensor will be correctly adjusted by the clutch.

Please note cruise control only works in gears 4, 5 and 6 and if I'm not mistaken you have to be doing 20-30mph for the light to activate.

Hope this helps
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Good call chief, 40km/hr is the trigger I believe.
AO Silver Member
County: Nottinghamshire
It works between 30 and 190 Kph apparently!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

control , cruise , light