Yet another 156 wiper problem
I've been reading the many combinations and permutations of issues with the 156 wiper motors on other posts and am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.
- Its an '04 facelift 156
- Wipers only work on single wipe or fast wipe
- They wont return to parked position on their own
- They can run very slow on occasion and at normal speeds on others
- I've just got a quote for €220+vat for a new motor from a motor factors in Dublin - the guy said that on a facelift model I need the linkages as well (I've seen the motors on eBay for £100). I got quoted €300 by an alfa dealer to do the job
- If, as I've seen on other posts, the above symtoms mean that I need a new motor - how come they work at all - surely the motor either works or it doesn't ?
- Some people have managed to get the motors fully working again my removing/cleaning/oiling/etc - is this possible or not ?
Any help would be great