156 SW and ISOFIX - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 17-02-11 Thread Starter
County: Wiltshire
156 SW and ISOFIX

I'm sure this is a topic that has been discussed to death, but after reading through stacks of forums and getting no reply so far from Alfa, Halfords, Britax or Maxi Cosi, i'm just trying to find out if my 2001 156 SW has ISOFIX points (which i'm pretty sure it doesn't) and which non-isofix seats will fit it. i'm about 6 weeks from having new arrival and t'other half is getting a bit.. errr.. "stressed"
Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome!!
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
I have a feeling that ISOfix affived with the 2002 interior facelift, but may possibly be retro-fittable.
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
If it is a facelift interior it should have - if it does have ISOFIX there should be slots at the bottom of the upright back cushions (the two outside ones) which is where the ISOFIX legs pass through to meet the clips which are attached to the floor pan.

I have not looked for these clips myself and my "little" one is bigger than me.

I hope this helps
AO Member
County: Wicklow

Member car:

I have them in the 2004 but best to have a look for the two slices bottom left and right of the back seats. Standard belted seats work also so don't panic.
AO Silver Member
County: Herefordshire

Member car:

156 GTA SW

My 2002 GTA SW does not have isofix, nor the capability of retro fitting it (according to an Alfa dealer). So it is likely that you will need to just get a car seat that uses the seat belts. Not really a hassle. Anything should fit, but Mothercare do a fitting service (ie they take the seats to your car, put them in and advise which fits best. Then ignore and go for the cheapest (or one that matches the interior).

You may want to consider what "travel system" you are going to buy first though, as some of those have a car seat bit with them, and then you can just lift the car seat/baby out and click into the pram chassis and off you go without having to wake up the baby. We didn't have one like this and my wife continually grumbled about it (but we have a 3rd hand car seat that works perfectly well and did our 3 kids as well!)

Don't stress about it. It will all pale into insignificance once you get the new arrival back home - that is when the real stress starts!!

Silver 156 GTA SW, Q2, Koni FSD's, Eibach springs and anti-roll bars, CDA induction, re-map, Wizard/Pud exhaust - fantastic!
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 22-02-11 Thread Starter
County: Wiltshire
Thanks for the help here guys.

Went to Mothercare and would you believe it, the girl assistant who i spoke to had an 1.8 2000 Alfa 156!! Sorted me out with a Britax first class plus which fits perfectly rear and forward facing.

Every Mothercare should have an Alfa owner working there!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , isofix