Passed MOT with nothing....again...Hooray! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 16-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Sussex
Passed MOT with nothing....again...Hooray!

My car has just flown through MOT with nothing to do.....for the second year running! Thank god for that as funds are a bit low at moment. Only advise was slight damage (more of a scuff) on inside edge on a wheel - im not surprised with pot holes the size they are at the moment. And that they could not test one of my seatbelts due to child seat being there (which they are not allowed to touch). So todays top tip... if youve got dodgy belts that wouldnt pass the mot.. just fit a child seat (or three!).
That makes 10 years in a row that my wifes car and mine (various cars) have passed the MOT with no work . But I was more worried this year owning an Alfa (its second MOT with me)!!! However being ex trade i do throughly check all the MOT bits before I go down there! You would be amazed how many people fail on silly things like lights and horns that are so easy to check! And even suspension bushes etc dont take much more than jacking up and checking for movement top to bottom and side to side on the wheels and bearings can be checked (another common fail) for smoothness and play at the same time.. Happy
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Greater London
AO Gold Member
County: Principe
Happy days - am with you on everyone being able to perform simple checks prior to going in for the test, the guy before my last one had two virtually bald tyres, three blown lamps & no windscreen washer - although, I would say checking bush wear is beyond the average person....
AO Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

156 sw / gtv

Its nice when they go through, my sportwagon is 10 years old and has passed 4 MOT's so far under my ownership, hope it continues, i do look after this daily driver no expense spared.
The GTV is due its first Mot in April under my ownership i just hope i have the same luck with this one as the sportwagon..
I had just one advisory which was rear trailing arm bushes, changed them and car feels the same but didn't cost too much to do..Alfa's in my experience have been as reliable as any german car i've owned in the past.
It's just with the Alfa's i always glance back and enjoy the view..stunning cars to look at and drive.
I enjoy my sportwagon as much now as i did 4 years ago, normally ready for a change after 2/ 3 years...
Also any money spent on my cars is not as painful as on my previous german cars...(VW/Audi)
My 99 156 V6 just passed its MOT with an advisory on worn rear disks
I was so happy!
AO Silver Member
County: East Renfrewshire
nice feeling, when looked after and loved.......the best cars we can own
Originally Posted by Hazz37 View Post
nice feeling, when looked after and loved.......the best cars we can own
Oh yes!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

mot , nothingagainhooray , passed