My New Alfa! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 15-02-11 Thread Starter
County: Tyne and Wear
My New Alfa!

Hi All,

I am a new member and onto my second Alfa. A 146 1.6 which was my first car & now a 159 115bhp JTD Veloce. Got a few questions and would massively appreciate your advice & help! (Hope that's not cheeky?)

1- The car is an 04 and has done 47774 miles. It has had basic services but not a cambelt change as per the 72,000 / 5 year recommendations. Would it be adviseable to do this asap or should i leave it 'til closer to 72k? £300?

2- The glow plug light is flashing after start up for about 10 seconds. Does this mean that glow plugs need changing? Will that cost a fortune? Would i do this at the same time as Cambelt if needed doing?

3- Had a VDC failure come up on start up and car didn't start. Turned key off and on again and it starts without the warning re-appearing. Any ideas or is it just an Alfa-rism?

4- Anybody on here know anything about Alfatec in Whitley Bay Tyne & Wear? Are they any good and are they reasonably priced?

5- Anybody upgraded their power from 115 to 145 bhp using one of those ECU modifiers and does it also increase MPG?

Thanks in advance for your advice, hope to use this site loads in the future...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT