i cant do pics atm but i happened to change mine today so its quite fresh in my head.
1. first off get a 1/4 ratchet with 10mm and 5.5mm sockets (good luck getting the 5.5mm socket i had to borrow one but 3/16" *might* do it.), a plastic bag and a cleaning cloth and keep them handy.
2. lie looking up at the underside of the glove box, there should be 3 nuts holding cloth to the bottom of the glovebox remove these and let them lie on the floor, do not completely remove the cloth as it is very well attached at the back and will probably rip rather than come loose.
3. with the cloth down you should see very small drive screws with silver 5.5mm heads if you look for the two very back ones, closest the engine bay and another one above these (the three are labelled 1a in this diagram) http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/attac...n-filter-3.jpg
4. when you loosen these the plastic holder for the pollen filter will come away, open your bag under it before you pull it away to catch feathers dust and crap thats gonna fall out. the small compartment that is now open contains either one long filter or one in two pieces, remove them an wipe any dirt away with teh cleaning cloth and try and hoke out as much dirt as you can from the compartment that holds the filter.
5. replace with your new filter. when fitting the new one it is worth noting that there is markings on the filter to show which direction they are designed to filter from, put the arrow pointing towards teh passenger seat and the ribbed 'gills' on the two small filters will be horizontal whereas the one long filter will have vertical ribs so put it in the right way round. put the old filter(s) into the plastic bag and bin them. push filters and cover back up behind the glove box. there is a hooked end on the cover which you will need to hook before screwing back into place as there should be a good seasl here so that all you air doesnt vent out any gaps.
4. replace all drive screws, I found it easy to do the higher up one first ads it will hold everythig in place making it easier to put in the remaining 2.
5. enjoy overtaking bin lorries without smelling them + being stuck in city traffic without being poisoned
if you have all the tools listed above the task should not take more than 10mins, if you dont dont even attempt the job imo as you cannot use the cars heating/ventilation system without the task completed once it is started.
tis a piece of cake, use the diagrams in the filter box and this guide and the job will be very easy.