Can anyone explain this?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 08-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Bristol
Can anyone explain this??

I had a call from my GF when she left for work, saying my passenger window was wide open. I ran out fearing the worst! It then apprared it was not a broken window or a break-in etc?

I turned on the ignition and did the window up, all fine?

Anyone any ideas how the window was fully open? (Worst that happened on this occasion as passenger side and seat were damp!)
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Lincolnshire
unless you have an aftermarket alarm like total closure stuff that could have gone wrong then I would put it down to passenger error in that someone has caught the button and not really noticed.

i think the passenger side window is auto down so if the right set of circumstances got together its possible someone just caught the button and it will have gone down all on its own!

i had a similar issue in a brand new 270bhp audi TT-S I was driving around the docks off the boat. the boot release button is in the drivers door pocket, next to the fuel filler release. they keys are left in the drivers door pocket. so whilst jumping in and grabbing the keys i must have caught the button for the boot release.

so i jumped in a hoofed it across the terminal, they're chuffing fast these things. they're in trasnport mode and i didn't have seatbelt on round terminal so alarms going off all sorts I didnt see it fashing up on the dash until i braked and heard a bit of a thump and the rear window turned the same colour as the car, I thought aaaaahhhhhh....... boots open then! lol

unless it happens again I would write it off as a weirdo alfa moment. I am forever forgetting to lock my car and it wouldn't be the first time I've left the windows open either.

Previous Alfas:
1999 156 1.8TS Sport Pack 3
2001 166 3.0 V6 24V Super
2003 156 GTA 3.2 V6 24V
2005 156 1.9 JTDM-Jet Sport
2008 159 1.9 JTDM Lusso

Current Alfas:
1997 GTV 2.0TS Lusso
2001 147 1.6TS Lusso
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire
A very similar thing happened to me when I had my GT. I'd left it in the multi-storey car park at work one morning and locked the car as usual with the fob. When I returned at home time the driver's door window was about 2" down, not fully and the car was still locked.

There was no evidence of a break in, everything was still in the car as it should've been and the alarm didn't seem to have been going off. The car unlocked on the fob as normal and the windows were working as they should (dropping slightly when the door opened).

The only thing I found were some marks (faint scratches) on the driver's side front wing that weren't there before. The GT never did it again.

I came to the conclusion I must've knocked the switch as I got out or something. I wondered if the marks on the front wing were anything to do with it, but couldn't imagine how (I was convinced for a while that car thieves new how to get into the car by whacking the wing! )

Anyway - never did get to the bottom of it, and put it down to one of those things.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT