alfa gt questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 05-02-11 Thread Starter
County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

2005 gt jts

alfa gt questions

hi i have owned an 2005 alfa gt 2.0 jts with 40000 miles for a few months now and have a few questions. What mpg is everyone else getting i am really struggling to get 30mpg driving really steady. What performance upgrades would people recomend i am thinking of fitting a performance exhaust system, intake system and a re-map and would there be any advantage in fitting a q2 diff?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Prahova

Member car:

The JTS direct fuel injection is good in theory. Efficiency comes last as those engines drink petrol like a black hole, ask me how I know. Look at the other similar engines on the market and see the real life differences. The consumtion figures in the Alfa manual book is bedtime story at best. Live with it if you love the car or sell it like I did with my Brera 3.2 who managed only 18mpg on average.
Graham P
The 2.0 JTS has to be worked hard in order to get the best from it meaning it will drink fuel. If you do get 30mpg or near then that is pretty good. The Q2 diff is for the diesel and 3.2 only. The handling is already top drawer on the 2.0 JTS I think so no need to change anything there but a performance exhaust, induction such as a BMC one and a remap should do the trick. Only problem there is it will then sound like an Alfa should meaning you will rev it more and mpg may go down

If you really want a GT that performs superbly and has great mpg then you need to go for a 1.9 JTDm I'm afraid. With a remap they are seriously fast. I get 40mpg in mine and it absolutely flies. 4th gear is outstanding. Sadly I have to sell mine and if I can manage to stay with Alfa then I may be getting a 2.0 JTS but like you I will have to get the mods done
County: Cheshire

Member car:

Hi, I have a JTS and have been considering getting a remap/induction/exhaust upgrade and agree that BMC is probably the best induction kit. Graham P, what exhaust would you recommend as there doesnt seem to be any obvious choice out there????
AO Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

alfa gt jts

Until december last year i was getting 26mpg going up to 34max!!! but that was driving through France, Italy , Swiss, Germany, Belgium for long periods, like 7hrs.
It dropped to 24 and my cylinder head blew just before crimbo. Got it back after 4 weeks along with a new cam shaft. The mpg on the computer said about 6mpg but gradually went up to 24mpg. It wont go back to 26 and sounds like a taxi when the engines warm. It didnt sound like that before. I`d love to know what the hell the noise is. Certainly doesnt sound like an Alfa!!??
Graham P
Originally Posted by dsmol View Post
Graham P, what exhaust would you recommend as there doesnt seem to be any obvious choice out there????
I don't think there are loads available for the GT. Ragazzon seem to be the mian one for Alfas that people go for but I should imagine Autodelta will do one also. It might be worth contacting a tuner such as Angel or Alfatune and asking them about their custom made exhausts

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , questions