Alfa Romeo 147 Selespeed oil problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 04-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Victoria

Member car:

alfa romeo 147

Help Alfa Romeo 147 Selespeed oil problem

hi Guys can anyone please let me know what my problem is with my alfa romeo 147 selespeed 2002 2lt.

The problem:

I realised that my selespeed oil is empty, i re-filled the black tank, just to notice that my tank is going empty slowly. I took off the body kid from my alfa on the side there selespeed oil tank is on..NO leak that i can see nor can i think there it may have gone. As you all know there are 2 pipes going from the black tank. 1 to the pump and 1 to the gear.

Can anyone please let me know of your thoughts what the problem may be. I do not want to always be topping it up not knowing there the oil actually goes.

thanks guys
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands
this sounds quite extreme, when the oil disappears without an obvious leak it is because the leak is in the actuator and it leaks into the gearbox, eventually the gearbox overflows or fails as the oils do not mix well. This process is usually much slower though but I cannot think of another explanation.

As you are in Oz the dealer will try to sell you a whole new actuator (they seem to stock less parts over there) so have a look around the forum as some people have succeeded in replacing the faulty seal for beer money instead of the whole unit for 1500, you just have to get the right profile and material for the seal.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , oil , problem , romeo , selespeed