Bumpy Drive + Rubbing or Grinding Noise - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 01-02-11 Thread Starter
County: Dublin

Member car:

Bumpy Drive + Rubbing or Grinding Noise

Hi All,

I seem to have a bumpy drive when going slow ( on smooth roads so its not the bad road its on new roads including the m50) or even on the M1 at high speeds ( M1 seems to be the worst ) it feels as though someone is hitting or kicking my seat although no one is in the car but me, when i say bumpy it doesnt make the steering wheel rattle but it makes my whole body rattle and shake in the seat, Its more of a hard bump feeling and comes and goes,

I also hear a rubbing or grinding noise while driving consistant with the wheels turning but when i turn right it sounds a little louder but when i turn left the noise changed to a louder harsher sounding grinding noise untill i straighten up

The bumpy drive only started since i got the left wishbones changed and seems to be getting worse by the day

The steering also seems to be light but that might be me paranoid but i would say it is feeling lighter than usual.

Hope you can all help with this one?

Would this be a bad wheel bearing ? Can this cause the above symptoms including the bumpy ride? the bumps are not constant they get better and worse depending on the road

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bumpy , drive , grinding , noise , rubbing