Alfa 147 04 Plate Bodywork Issues - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-01-11 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

Alfa 147 04 Plate Bodywork Issues

Hi there,

Have re-entered the alfa world after a 2 year holiday and have just bought a 147 1.6 lusso tonight, 04 plate. Have only realised now that the rear wing looks like it has been dented and hammered back into shape, looks a little lumpy when it catches the light; not ideal.

Does anyone know how much roughly a new one should cost to put in, sprayed and fitted? Or any advice around doing this cost effectively would be most grateful.

Located outskirts of London/Kent FYI.

Cheers all,

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Essex
The rear wing is not a part that can be taken off and a new one put on, as it is an integral part of the car and the same panel runs the entire length of the car at the top and bottom.

The best thing to do would be to give it to a decent bodyshop who will knock the dent(s) back in slightly then fill till it's flat, then blend the paint in respraying up to the top of the panel and down to the sill. You will be able to see if you look *really* hard (I've not seen one yet that I can't tell) but without knowing it's there you'd NEVER spot it. I did similar with rattle cans on my mate's fiesta last summer, and you couldn't tell unless you knew where to look (pretty lucky with the paint match! Cheap car only worth 400 so not worth a professional job). A bodyshop would give a much more professional result.

I'd budget around 250, but I'm pretty out of touch with prices as I get mates' rates on anything I need done professionally

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , bodywork , issues , plate