One week on..... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 16-01-11 Thread Starter
County: Northamptonshire
One week on.....

So after one week of ownership and 300 miles I gave the 147 its first wash today. I am sure that you will all know what I mean when I say that with a 7 year old car I expected to find loads of chips and scratches that excitement had maybe masked when I went to look at the car but I am really chuffed, no previously unspotted blemishes and excellent condition paint work. I have a couple of questions though:

Without removing the head unit how can I tell if it CD changer compatible? My old Fiat punto had the same head unit and could display changer mode (even though it had no changer attached) whereas the Alfa head unit does not select a changer option.

Can I lubricate my drivers door outside handle? It does not always return fully when I open the door.

Are there any electrical connectors that I ought to keep clean to prevent false error messages?

My car has a full Alfa service history but none of the service reciepts mention the type of oil used, this is my first diesel car and I would like to know if I can safely add 5w/40 fully synthetic without knowing what's already in there?

Are there any points on the car that should be regularly lubricated?

Does anyone here have any experience of Northants Alfa?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT