My GT Blackline - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 15-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent
My GT Blackline

Following on from russelldav's excellent "living with my GT" thread, I too have had mine for about 4 months. Mine is a 2008 Blackline 1.8 twin spark.

Some pictures after a good clean.

So how do I find it?

Bloody brilliant - four months on and I am still finding any and every excuse to drive it.

I've had a few issues.
  • The door handle on the driver's door broke. It was still perfectly useable, but it didn't "spring" back into place. You just had to push it back flush. Not a massive thing, and replaced under warranty.
  • During the cold in December, the windows played up a few times. They'd go down fine, and then get stuck and wouldn't come back up. Holding the button up and down for 10 seconds seem to get it going again.
  • Very very minor thing - a week or so ago I got, and despite the temperature being 10 degrees-ish, the temperature display showed -10. Within seconds, minus 11, then minus 12. Turned the engine on and off again, and the same thing. Within a minute it was reading normally. It's not repeated this since.
  • I too have the bonnet v windscreen wiper chip.

I've also experienced the noise from the window seal above the driver's head a couple of times when it's been really wet. I've not noticed it for a long time, and if I do again, I may try the WD40 trick. But to be honest it's not a big issue.

I'm spending an absolute fortune on car washes - black cars really, really don't look good when grubby! On first name terms with the local eastern European hand car wash Annoyingly where I live, "self washing" is a right pain in the ****.

I've had a few moments where strangers have complemented me on it - that's a nice feeling. Once, I've seen from my office window people taking photos of it. I think the "limited edition" badge may have swayed them a bit....

I have a few chips on the front and on the bonnet, I guess this is normal on a two year old car. They're only noticeable if you study. I may, at some point, get it re-sprayed. There's also a TINY dent in the bonnet, from the previous owner. Again, at some point, I'm going to look into getting this tapped out.

A question - we know the Blackline is a limited edition car - does anyone know how limited? What kind of numbers were produced.

Cheers - thanks for the continued advice on here.
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 1019
County: West Midlands
I've had my 1.8 GT Blackline for just over a month now and I love it. It's my first Alfa in a while without leather but to be honest I don't notice it now.

My door handle doesn't spring back either! although when you shut the door it does go back to where it should.

Mine didn't come with the limited edition badge on the boot, but I'm not too bothered about that - I'm not paying 20 odd for a new one!

When I had mine it had a new battery that was the wrong size and the electric windows hadn't been reset (which took a couple of minutes to sort out).

The only nagging thing about mine is I think the exhaust bracket is loose underneath the gear lever as theres a bit of a rattle at 2000 odd rpm and yesterday I went over some speedbumps and it sounded as if the car was falling apart so I'll need to get that sorted.

None of this however detracts from the pleasure derived from driving it or looking at it. It really is a fantastic car. I just hope that you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

146 1.6TS, 156 2.0TS, 156 1.8TS, 147 1.6TS, 147 2.0TS, 159 1.9JTS, 147 1.6TS, 159 1.9JTDm, Mito 1.4, GT, Giulietta 2.0JTDm, Giulietta 1.4tb, Giulietta 1.6JTDm........
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire
Whoops, didn't read this properly.

Nice car
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 1019
County: West Midlands
Eludlow, Bonnet v Windscreen wiper chip: I raised the right hand side of my bonnet (at the hinges) a couple of mm and all is well now! panel gap (wing to bonnet is slightly bigger but not that noticeable).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT