Alfa 147 Selespeed playing up but no errors lights :/ - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 13-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Somerset

Member car:

Mini Cooper S

Hmmm Alfa 147 Selespeed playing up but no errors lights :/

I did a search before hand but no other people seemed to have the same issue as I do.

For the past two days, in the first 5 minutes or so of starting the car, the gear display flashes all of the gears under the sun and then usually picks a random high gear. So when pulling off it will start in 1st then flash all of the gears then pick 4th. This is when I haven't tried to change gear and it isn't in manual mode. Once I get onto the open road and it has warmed up a little bit it tends to go back to normal.

I checked the Selespeed oil level and topped it up incase that the was the problem but it doesn't seem to have changed anything. No errors lights are appearing on the dash and when I plugged it in FiatECUScan a couple of weeks ago and checked everything, everything was within its parameters.

I am now back at University and my housemate has nabbed the garage so I have had to park in our own parking space with is on a fairly steep hill. So the car has been pointing upwards overnight. Would it be something simple like the oil running to the back of the car and then eventually leveling back out. The first part of my journey is mostly uphill. Would it be something as silly as this? Consequently I have parked in the space facing downhill to try and see if that makes a difference

Any help or ideas?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Midlands
I've sent you a PM.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , changing , cold , errors , gears , lights , playing , selespeed