156 front headrest removal
After failing to remove my head rests (156 leather seats) and not finding many definitive answers on here other than you have to take the seat apart, I decided to try all of the methods suggested.
Getting your hand up inside the seat to press the clips is near impossible
Taking the seat apart is too much work if all you want is the headrest off.
I concluded the best way is to...
1. Lift the headrest as high as possible
2. Wrap the rails in a bit of inner-tube (for grip and to protect the plastic)
3. Use mole grips to turn the rails 90 degrees either way
4. Pull the headrest sharply upwards; this may pull it off the rails or the rails out of the seat,
5. If it pulls the rails out of the seat just use your mole grip to wiggle the rail out of the headrest and slot back into the seat, facing the right way.
If they stay in the seat turn them back the right way.
6. Then you can just slot the headrest back on after you have done your thing.