A bitter pill to swallow - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: West Midlands
With knackered cats it's possible that the fuelling is out because it will look at the oxygen pre and post cat and may not be seeing what it expects post cat and tries to (wrongly) adjust the fuel. So I would suggest disconnect all lambda sensors, disconnect teh battery for 10 min, reconnect battery and re-start the car and check for the cold misfire. The battery re-set should clear any fuelling adaptions and disconnecting the lambda sensors stops it learning new values. The MIL will be on but reconnecting the lambda sensors and a couple of short drive cycles shoudl clear that fault however I suspect the MIL may stay on (if on now) for post catalyst oxygen sensor problems (may not be reading right due to knackered cats)
Sponsored Links
What an amazing example of caring, sharing helpfulness! Thats why I love this forum. So friendly. Hope all works out
(Post Link) post #28 of 28 Old 08-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire
many thanks for your help. i suggested to the garage, would it be possible for the duff cats to cause the missfire. they didnt sound too enthusiastic to that idea and said that they will disconect the manifold and see if it is choked up inside. this could possibly cause the missfire. but if it is, im not prepared to let them to strip it down as the combined cost of a de coke and maniverter is not something im prepared to fork out. but i can see the theory of a duff cat causing a missfire if the fuel trim is way out and the ecu doesnt know whats happening. Anyway i will find out more monday and will know what im doing then. could be a cheep veloce project going for someone if interested. thanks anyway. Dave

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bitter , pill , swallow