Help with noisy suspension - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 03-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6TS Lusso

Help with noisy suspension

My 147 has developed very noisy front suspension over the last few months, I live in London and am surrounded by hundreds of speed bumps, grrr.. My front suspension rattles and knocks quite loudly, also if I rock the wheels from the top the whole suspension legs can be seen to be moving on both sides of the car..

I sort of assumed that the top wishbones are shot, been reading on here a bit and am getting conflicting info, apparently the top wishbones squeak when worn but if rattles and knocks can be heard then it is usually the drop links..? as I can move the suspension I am still drawn towards the wishbones...??

Anyone had similar problems? plus does anyone know if the hoards of upper wishbones for sale on ebay are any good, they are only about 25 per side or so.. or should I get from Alfa..

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Temporary Noble
I've done at least 10k on cheap ones and no problems so far. May as well expect to change drop links and wishbones... That way you can save time and cut off the drop links if the nuts are seized...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

noisy , suspension