Warning lights - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 28-05-04 Thread Starter
AO Member
Warning lights

OK, after 7 hours of ownership I have:

1) A drivers airbag warning - I've looked under the seat and there's a feminine connector coming from the floorpan not attached to anything - is this anything to do with it? The previous owner used to turn off the passenger airbag because of his nephew... I can live with it as long as it won't damage the airbag ECU - don't fancy getting one of those at 200.

2) Bulb warning when I turned the sidelights on - they all work, so where are the connectors for the sensors?

Thanks in advance for any help - I REALLY don't want to have to take it to the dealers otherwise I'll be the absolute laughing stock at work.

Perhaps it's the cars way of telling me who's boss!

Sorry, 156 1998 2.5V6

'52 2.4 JTD

Last edited by mallo; 28-05-04 at 20:03. Reason: car type
Sponsored Links
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

Re: Warning lights

Airbag light is usually caused by loose connections, so you're probably right. Even with the connection fixed though, it won't go out till it's had a system reset. Hopefully AJCarter will be along to this thread sometime soon, he's the expert on this.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 01-06-04 Thread Starter
AO Member

Bulb blown warning light was the 2 number plate lights blown - really easy to replace, for 90p. Great. Is it the law to have a light working there?

Garage doing MOT on Thurs will hopefully sort out the airbag light, also getting MAF sensor replaced as a bit lumpy on idle and 5000 flat spot. Then she'll really fly....
AO Silver Member

Yup, legal requirement that your rear number plate is independantly illuminated.
AO Silver Member

the airbag connector can be disconnected with no probs, so long as ytou dont start the car with them disconnected. If you do the light stays on and can ONLY be reset with the diagnostic computor

The delaer did my FOC at the service (i took the pas seat out, but then had to move the car).

Note that it is possible the whole airbag system may not work when a system problem is detected!!!

This does not apply to the on/off switch you use with the ignition key

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

lights , warning