156 jts lights rant. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 16-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Madness 156 jts lights rant.

Hi guys, had a little problem with headlights,just want to share my experience as there wasnt really much on the site about this one..
basically had an odd problem. i lost my dipped beams and rear lights,but still had hi beams.
when i cranked the car over,i had all lights for roughly 3 seconds then click...no lights.
to cut a long story short..took it to an ex alfa dealer who basically charged me 120 quid for "diagnostics" which revealed i needed a new light stalk which they would supply and fit,bringing the bill to a princley sum of 470 quid 2 weeks before christmas.
naturally i was less than chuffed and sprung the car from them 120 quid lighter.
i then took it to a local auto sparkie who had it for an hour found it to be a 10 amp fuse(i assume it was the one behind glove box) and charged 35 quid.
i then phoned stealers and asked if they checked fuses..oh yes its the first thing we do..
when i told them the sparky fixed it with out stupidly priced part..i got,oh no thats not possible,either you must have got it fixed elsewhere first,or the sparkys lying!
still in the middle of trying to reclaim money..i can see me doing some forecourt tyre popping shortly.
/rant toggle off.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , jts , lights , rant