GT JTDM Lusso What's it worth ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 14-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Leicestershire
GT JTDM Lusso What's it worth ?

Due to an impending addition to the family we are considering changing the trusty GT something with 4 doors and it comes down to either a 159 or dare I say it a 3-series

So we've started doing the rounds having a look at some cars, test drives etc. I have an idea in my head of how much I think the GT is worth as a trade in or a private sale, but I'd like to get some idea from the forum members too before I get into discussions with the various dealers over finance.

So I welcome your opinions on trade in value or private sale.

The car is an 07 plate GT JDTM Lusso, Black, Full Leather (dark grey), Bose Sound System, iPod interface, 17 inch spoked alloys, 42K on the clock, full service history, extended 4th year warranty until May, MOT'd until May.

Time and tide wait for no man.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire
To quote Parkers,

Original Price 23,417
Franchised Dealer 10,760
Independent Dealer 10,380
Private Good 9,515
Private Poor 7,585
Part Exchange 8,360

Average mileage 30,000
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire
Glasses Guide say the following:

Alfa Romeo GT Lusso
1.9TD Diesel 2-door Coupe
6 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive
Year: 2007 07
Mileage: 42,000

Estimated value of your car

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition: 9170
Average condition: 8190
Below average condition: 7280

I reckon if you sold it privately then you could ask something around 9995. PX prices seem to work on 1000 ish mark-up on the forecourt (from what i've seen), which would be 10,170 in excellent condition. Therefore 9995 private sale with a view to accept anything over 9650 i reckon.

Would obviously advise a scan over AutoTrader for similar vehicles nearby, as prices do seem to vary across the country.

Graham P
Don't be so quick to jump ship. I have a baby and had a 159 but it was far too thirsty being the 3.2 so had to go. I knew the 1.9 in the 159 would be underpowered due to the weight of the car and the 2.4 wouldn't save me much so opted for the GT Blackline (with a remap of course!). If you can cope with bending into the back to get the little un in and out then the rest is a doddle. I'm even thinking about a Brera in a few months time

...but if you do prefer to sell then I reckon you should get between 9750-10,000 for it. I reckon my Blackline might fetch 10,500 which is the same age as yours with similar mileage comparing it to others for sale (11,990 for one at Mangos)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

jtdm , lusso , worth