Anyone potentially interested in a 156 workhorse? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Anyone potentially interested in a 156 workhorse?

Some may remember that I bought a 2000 'W' 150 2.0 TS from a forum member recently.

The plan was to use it as a motorway car in order to save my Brera. In the intervening time, we've discovered there's a small BB on the way, so I've chopped the Brera in for a 159 Ti diesel and it makes the 156 (more than) a little indulgent.

So I'd be interested to see if anyone is looking for a cheap 156?

She's clean and straight, with black leather, red paint and 16" alloys with very good tyres. Previous owner did the belts and waterpump within the last 5,000 miles but I can't prove that (he is a trusted member of the forum and might feel willing to verify this). In addition, I've had the top and bottom suspension arms and drop-links done at the front, which I can prove with all receipts. It's taxed for 11 months and tested until the end of Jan.

When it was in for the suspension work, I asked the mechanics to look over it with a view to work that neeeded doing for the MoT. On the day, they came up with nothing, although that of course is not a pass in itself and they might have just wanted to get the job done and out of there.

It's ten years old, so it isn't mint and I'm not suggesting it is. The boot lid and rear bumper are slightly faded but there's no body damage or rust.

The car drives really well - I've done just over 4,000 miles in it with absolutely no problems. It's used about 500ml of oil in that time, maybe 750ml. I check it weekly.

So, is anyone potentially interested? I'd only be looking for what I paid, plus part of the suspension work - 1,150.

The basics:

119,000 miles
2000 'W' reg
11 months' tax
1 month MoT
2.0 TS
Black leather
Red paint
16" alloys

Last edited by BeggarsBanquet; 13-12-10 at 20:28.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , interested , potentially , workhorse