Battery Charging on 156 2.4 10v JTD - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 09-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Battery Charging on 156 2.4 10v JTD

Like a fool I left the interior light turned on for a couple of days, so when I went out this morning there was just enough power to turn the engine over (just), but not start it.

A couple of minutes left alone with a set of jump leads and my next door neighbours car-keys soon got me going, and a 1/2 hour drive in 2nd gear @ 30mph (3000 revs) got enough charge in the battery to start me up again to get home, but I have no idea how much charge will be in the battery, and turning the key feels a bit like playing Russian Roulette.

I know I need to take the car out for a spin (a tough job but someone has to do it ), but how far do I have to drive to replace all that lost juice?

Bearing in mind the battery is only a couple of months old, and I *know* it was drained through my own stupidity, the chances of permanent damage isn't too great is it???
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Fyn
should be fine now but you'd need to do it again tomorrow...
the battery of my nissan was flat dead...couldn't even open the doors with the central locking...gave it a couple of miles and then went and did another 5or so miles on the next's been fine since then..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

10v , 156 , battery , charging , jtd