156 1.6 TS undertray - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
Originally Posted by Photoman View Post
Why on earth would they want to take the bumper off? Grabbing *****s. Incidentally you'll probably not have any issues running a TS without the undertray but NEVER (and I mean NEVER) run the 2.4 20v without it - it's your early warning that you're pushing too hard (scrapes the floor) and will hopefully help you avoid smashing the sump!
Totally agree, the scrapes on mine are justification for investing in an Ali one. Cheaper than a busted sump and all that goes with that!
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 28 Old 09-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent
Hmm, I guess I can live without it for a bit. Doesn't seem to necessary for a 1.6TS. On the plus side the car's a bit lighter and I can hear the engine a lot better, gotta love that sound!

Maybe in a few months when I've got a spare 100 or two lying around I might invest in an aluminium undertray, but for the time being I must sort out that stat.

Oh btw, sorry for asking more and more questions, but just one more for this thread...anyone recommend doing an Italian tune up for a TS? Once I change the stat I'm thinking of doing it to try and clean up the engine a bit, get rid of some of the carbon.
AO Member
County: Staffordshire

Member car:

Alfa 33

Both our 155s ran for ages without the under trays, and I took the one off our 156 about a year ago. As said earlier, can't see why the bumper would need to come off. At worst a few minutes with a Dremel to cut the old bolts out and replace with new ones.

From memory the undertrays weren't fitted for all markets anyway.

As to the Italian tune up. Go for it. Got our 155 through an MOT. Failed the emissions, and the only thing done to fix that was going between one junction and the next in 3rd gear at the red line to get things nice and hot.

All the best

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , undertray