147 help needed! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 07-12-10 Thread Starter
County: Cardiff

Member car:

alfa romeo 147

147 help needed!

Hi All,

I'm new here and recently bought a 147 but now starting to think i made a mistake or i may just be unlucky. I've had a few problems with it since i bought it about a month ago.
The first was whilst reversing the car makes a strange noise a bit like a rubbing sound. its worse when reversing up hill, a week after it started it started making the same noise whilst driving forward as well but only occasionally. Then the engine mangement light came on and it came up as engine control system failure and the car lacked power. This happened about 4 times until i got home then it was ok and has only happened once since.
The second problem was when the snow arrived when driving it felt like it was dragging, i thought it was maybe the brakes jammimg on. its an intermittent fault but happens quite frequently but not all the time. i then had a flat tyre for no reason, changed to the spare then today went out and the car felt even worse. It felt like you were driving with the hand brake on, i continued driving then the abs light came on then the asr light and it came up as asr failure and the car felt like it was sliding every where. Then i got out of the car and had another flat tyre.
By this point i was ready to scream and was so regretting buying this car.

Can any one help?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

MINI Cooper

Welcome to AO, don't be too alarmed I think your problems could be relatively minor.

The grinding and dragging problem is almost certainly the handbrake freezing in the cold weather.

Have a look here...

The engine mangement light and engine control failure - I don't know but somebody may be able to help.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , needed