help me please! 147 problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Not Happy help me please! 147 problems

Dear all.

I am writing for yur help to try and get my car fixed under Alfa Warranty (Warranty Holdings) who I have been informed today are in administration.

My car is a 2001 1.6 TS Lusso in Alfa Red with tan momo, 16inch sports etc.

I have had the car since november 03, to date the car has been in Benfield Motors Newcastle 12 times with the following.

New rear windscreen window
Two water leaks - dash and door
Gearbox linkage and bushes
Severe knocking on front and rear suspension
Headlamp failiure - 6 bulbs later a new stalk was installed
Rattles from interior and front doors
Drivers side front speakers replaced
Replaced ABS control unit after 2 hard resets and messages on display for 4 months idicating ABS etc failiur and speedo stopped working
Leather stained from leak and water still under carpet three months after leak supposidly fixed
Evertime the car came back door dents that I had to write to MD to authorise Dent Wizard to get fixed.
Rear suspension arms replaced to further try to fix knocking

Now all apart from the knocking suspension is OK after 7 months of ownership ive had 7 different loan cars and had to take the car back to the garage that I work 40 miles away from.

On tuesday night I started the car and bang the cam belt goes, AA called and diagnosed a tensioner or something had gone. now when I bought the car it had 38,000 mile on the clock. Now with 45k on and all this work carried out im again without my alfa.

Does anyone know of other failiures as im arguing the toss with the garage over this one as the car was meant to according to alfa used documentation supplied with the car that all belts etc are checked for wear (at least the ox on sheet is) I find it had to belive thaty physically checked it as its a nightmre or so the AA man told mne to do and he mentioned something about the tensioner breaking down or deteriating that is a know problem on Alfa TS.

Thanks in advance.

A very sad mark. PS I am finally getting a courtesy car today a fiat panda! I hope its house trained!

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

Re: help me please! 147 problems

Oh boy.. I feel for you. Mine is constructed on March of 2001 and it had lots of problems too.
I still have unfixed problems, like the suspension knoks. Keep your morale high and good luck
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Over here (The Netherlands) the cambelts are replaced, and not just checked for wear, at 36k miles. Isn't that the same in the UK?

According to the service manual the belts are not even checked at 36000 miles only at 48 and replace at 72K.

This sounds like a component failiure to me.

Thanks for the encouragement jomor, when she goes she is fantastic, makes A3's and Golfs look and feel like a boat when you park up near one! And as for the performance!

Awaiting his panda.......hmmmmmmmm

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , problems