Bizarre Xenon Behaviour - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 05-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
Crazed Bizarre Xenon Behaviour

I've wittered on in various threads about my OEM Xenon headlights; this is the latest saga.

Got the car out tonight, turned on headlights only for the nearside light to be at the default setting, i.e. fully down while the offside was fine. My immediate thought was that the offside was the master and the nearside the slave and the drive to the nearside adjuster was broken. Strange because the master should be the nearside unit to take the signal from the leveling potentiometer.

Now I know the link is held together with nylon ties but they were intact; so out with the WD40 and a liberal spray on the adjusters. Turned lights / ignition on and off a few times - no difference, so giving up for today I put the car in the garage. One last try and both lights initially pointed down and then came up to the right height; I repeated this a few times, so job done thanks to WD40.

The really odd thing is that the headlights have NEVER lifted when I switched them, so they could have been stuck since I got the car in January - very odd indeed. But we all know that in the morning they will still be boogared.

Brilliant Blue 156 GTA SportWagon | Q2 | KW V1 Coil-overs | Eibach ARB | Wiecher Strut Bar | Wizard Cat-Back

2009 Fiat Panda 100 HP Stealth Edition

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

behaviour , bizarre , xenon