Clutch Failure on Alfa Romeo 156 JTS - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 05-12-10 Thread Starter
County: Newport

Member car:

Clutch Failure on Alfa Romeo 156 JTS

I bought my car a week ago and it's been great but today I drove from Chepstow to Heathrow and, on getting to Heathrow, I found I couldn't change gear unless I changed out from one gear and released the clutch, depressed the clutch again and selected the next gear. Starting up again the problem appeared to have gone, but then when I approached the Severn Bridge (having not stopped for around 90 minutes) the clutch pedal went straight to the floor with no resistance and I couldn't get out of gear. I had to stall it to stop! Made it back by starting it in 1st but had to complete the rest of my journey in 1st gear! What's gone wrong??!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: West Sussex
Just like a reply ive put on another listing its possibly a leaking clutch slave cylinder.These are inside the gearbox.Look underneath the car to see if the base of the gearbox has brake fluid dripping off.The fact is if a slave cylinder is starting to go as a temporary measure it can be bled then it will last untill the clutch is used numerous times then it will fail again.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alfa , clutch , failure , gearbox or clutch , jts , romeo