Tempting fate - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tempting fate

I might be tempting fate here but in the summer I got hold of a 2.5L 24v V6 156 with the Q-system gearbox. Loved it from the get go. Even more than my 2.o twinny which I would have married if it was legal!.

At first I was worried at every single noise it made. Bumps, creaks, squeaks and whines!

I got the upper and lower wishbones replaced and that cleared up most of it but there is a few noises here and there. She's mechanically sound and a real looker! But still that nagging feeling where I think...'whats next?'

Know what I mean?

Anyway, this is a positive thread because during this harsh weather with minus 9 mornings and lower temperatures at night and icey roads and snow and all that crap she hasnt skipped a beat!

I used to get on the phone to my indie of choice at every rattle or clink but its all ok!

Best of all was driving home this evening, turned into my street to find the RAC attending to a stricken 10 plate Freelander............ oh dear
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Essex
nice, mine's the same, Q-system, works well I think, ice mode is useful in this weather too
Not been out the last couple of days though, worked from home, much easier, and no worries about the other numpties on the road that don't seem to know how to drive unless it's bone dry

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

fate , tempting