alfa 156 anti-roll bar bushes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 29-11-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Staffordshire
alfa 156 anti-roll bar bushes

Hi there

Can anyone tell me what diameter roll bars i have on my 156 Sportwagon multijet diesel i am looking to change the bushes for powerflex the car is the 16 valve 140 bhp veloce with sportpack springs i need the front and rear bar diameters.

Mark G.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Lancashire
You would need to remove the ARB to replace them and if you doing that you would be better off with a whole new ARB, or better still uprate it to a GTA ARB of and eibach.
AO Silver Member
County: Derbyshire
Ring EB spares and get the Superflex ones. Trust me they're much better quality than Powerflex (you really don't wanna do this job twice and i've had enough of PF bushes only lasting 6 months to never use them again). OR if it was EB spares you saw them at, they're NOT powerflex....

22mm bar on the front. And no you don't need to replace the bar. If you're feeling rich then the GTA bar is a direct replacement upgrade as already mentioned. Even richerer? Eibach.

I think the rear is 14mm? Someone else will need to confirm it i'm afraid - not done that one.....yet!

I put a set of front bushes on mine at the weekend. there was nothing at all wrong with the bar so no need to replace the whole thing (5 years old, 75,000 miles). Use the guide from as it's pretty accurate BUT as you have a fairly new diesel I'd expect your lower engine mount is the same as mine or similar (See a post I made on the ARB bushes for the detail) and not like the one in the guide....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alfa , antiroll , bar , bushes