Hi please can anyone help, I am calling on the great knowledge the site memebers.
I have Unusual issue please read.
I have been trying to connect to my Alfa 156 v6 52 plate EOBD diagnostics for a while now then yesterday error light pops up. So after trying different leads laptops etc fiat ecu scan alfa diag etc etc. I thought i'll take to a alfa specialist in Poole Dorset Italian car spares and they can not connect either no responce from ecu is my message there examiner no connection either. So they say could be either broken wire between OBD connector to the ECU or ECU internal fault. However the ECU error light was not on this morning and fingers crossed it still clear now but I am now bricking it as clutch needs doing to and i have money for that but not this unless anyone knows where there is cheap new ecu's rather than do the second hand change everything plan.
Would this ECU reset procedure work where you do
1. Disconnect battery for 45 mins
2. Reconnect battery, and turn ignition to MAR for 90 secs
3. Turn off and leave 90 secs
4. Start engine WITHOUT pressing throttle and let the car idle for 15 mins (I repeat, do not touch the throttle whilst the car is idling)
5. Turn engine off and leave for 10 minutes
6. Start the car and go for a drive, using a number of styles (eg town, motorway, thrash etc)
Please anyone i need help its only done 78,000 and it flys
so do not want to let it go if i can avoid it comeone ALFA PEOPLE
I am going mental