Changing my wishbones - Price? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-11-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater London
Changing my wishbones - Price?

Hey guys,

Ive gone and got myself a set of Upper and Lower wishbones for my 2001 Alfa 156 1.8Ts from Ebay (price beats the crap out of what mechanics quoted me) and was just wondering, on average how much it would put me back to have them installed.

I changed my drop links myself about a month back so they are fine to re-use I just want peoples opinions on how much a mechanic SHOULD quote me to change upper/lower wishbones on both sides. I really don'y fancy being ripped off again, Im sure everyone can relate to that problem

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Lincolnshire
its not the worlds hardest job but if the bolts on the lower arms start to snap it can be a right pain in the backside.

upper arms are real easy to do, lower ones are a touch more fiddly.

wouldnt think a mechanic that knows what they are doing would need any more than a couple of hours per side at best really.

you want to make sure that the mechinc is familar with the type though as otherwise he probably wont grease the top arms properly and they will sqeak like hell within a few weeks of fitting.

by far the biggest cause of noisey suspension is dry and poorly fitted upper arms when it comes to the 156s.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

changing , price , wishbones