to starter motor or not to starter motor - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 26-11-10 Thread Starter
County: Kent

Member car:

156 lusso 2.4jtd

to starter motor or not to starter motor

For general info to alfa owners. My 156 starter began to stick. oddly much worse when warm. Had a look on here and one solution (apart from battery) was loose earth connection. Not that, this time.
After much consultation the consensus was replace starter motor. Duly bought one and took to local garage leaving engine running. Upon my return with a sly smile he asked, did I want the good news or the bad news first. Took the bad news first. He said he had changed the motor no probs and then flicked the ignition swith and the new starter clonked failing to start the engine. The good news he said is the ignition switch is "feathered", meaning you onlly part turn the ignition switch to get contact and the engine to start. If you push it all the way the current flicks on and then off as you are turning the key. How I laughed at self inflicted pain. Still the cars done 141k so probably not a bad idea anyway.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

motor , starter