GT Electrical problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 24-11-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Donegal

Member car:

Alfa GT

Help GT Electrical problems

Hey Guys. I've been having some problems with my 2006 GT 1.9 jtdm recently and am looking for some advice.
About two weeks ago my drivers side window began stopping when opening and closing. Not the one inch stop/start thing that can usually be cured with a reset. This sounded more like the motor was under strain. So when the window eventually stopped responding altogether I guessed it was the motor/regulator. Got one from the knackers and stuck it in. No joy, still no movement but now a click from the control box(I think - The black box behind the door card with two connectors?). Switch seems to be ok as it's illuminated and the tone sounds when I press it. So I swapped the drivers side control box to the passenger side - worked fine. Got f***ed off and went to bed. Next morning, when I opened the drivers door the auto-drop was working again and I had full control of the window (Maybe the elves?). Door card back on nice n tidy, tried window, not working again. Been driving it since and seems to be working intermittently. Also noticed yesterday that the parking sensors which weren't working this past month have a new lease of life.
Tried an ecu reset as well with no success. Thinking now maybe a bad connection or short somewhere?

Sorry guys for the long winded post but wanted to give you all the symptoms.

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. there's a sticker on the control box that says "SW15". Think it's the software version.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

electical , electrical , problem , problems , window , wiring