my 147 standard alarm keeps going off..why? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 24-11-10 Thread Starter
County: Leicestershire

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 147

Hmmm my 147 standard alarm keeps going off..why?

Its really strange, ive tried making sure doors and windows and lights are off/shut, the boot, the cd player.. but every so often, my alarm goes off... sometimes i just unluck it and lock it again and it doesnt happen again, other times it will go off again.
I think i need to stop it now cus its starting to get on my nerves, plus i park in a residential area in the early mornings for work and i havent heard it go off yet, but if it does, it cant be fun for them either.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Suffolk
mine went off at 1am this morning for no apparent reason. strange though was that after opening the car remotely with the key and starting the engine, the alarm continued to sound, one blast with lights flashing, a pause, then a blast without lights and so on. i pressed and unpresse the 'key' button in the cabin, locking and unlocking the car but to no avail. i ended up with the bonnot up, looking for the bloody alarm siren to pull the wire out when it stopped, again with no apparent reason. i then locked the car with the key in the door as apposed to remotely (am i right in thinking this doesnt arm the alarm?)

any help would be appreciated!
AO Member
County: Tyrone
I'm having the same problem atm unfortunately. It doesn't do anything for neighbourhood relations. It started during the frost when I remotely opened the boot but with all the ice round it it wouldn't open. I forgot about this until it started going off later at home. Nothing would make it stop. I opened and closed the boot and it eventually it stopped, though I wasn't sure it I had actually stopped it by doing that. Anyway, it's gone off a few times since, though the boot doesn't appear to be the cause, on both occasions opening the car with the remote stopped it.

Does locking the car with the key definitely not arm the alarm?

AO Member
County: Tyrone
I have found a bit more info here:

Will have to check the boot connectors and lock with the key until then

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alarm , fault , offwhy , standard