Alfa 147 headlight bulb smoking?!
My 2002 147 2.0 ts is running fine etc and I dont really have (and never have had) any issues with it... although:
- I noticed the other day one of my headlight bulbs wasn't working.
- It seemed to flicker on the next day.
- I took a look under the bonnet today and with a little fiddle with the bulb (i didnt touch the glass) it seemed to come on again
- BUT there seemed to be a little bit of smoke coming from the base of the bulb (where the glass meets the metal)
- So I just went to buy a replacement H7 and fitted it (very bright and works well) ...
BUT there still seems to be a bit of smoke coming from the bulb?!
Is there a problem with my connecter that plugs onto the back of the bulb?
Or is it just because its so cold outside?
I havent driven anywhere with it on before getting a reply from here first!