Koni Dampers & lowering springs - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 12-05-04 Thread Starter
AO Member
Koni Dampers & lowering springs

hi guys sorry about the intake !!!!ed up post but ive been out for a while and i posted it in a rush
what do u think of this set at smart alfa
i would say they are rather expensive arent they
23 days to becoming a mechanical engineer
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Re: Koni Dampers & lowering springs

Their 600 price includes fitting.
It is also a little deceiving putting a picture of a set of height adjustable coil-over units next to the description.

Just a quick comment.

I have heard that over the past few years the quality of Koni shocks have deteriorated somewhat and are prone to squelching, and more worrying, leaking if left on any level near the hardest setting.

I also ran them on my MX5 and found them ferociously uncomfortable in general compared to the shocks in other MX5s that performed equally well in the corners.

Of course, they are comparitively cheap...

AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 & WRX PPP

I had the yellow Konis on my car for a while, along with red Eibach pro-kit springs and 17" Teledial wheels. The combo resulted in harsh ride and very poor handling. Suspension travel is reduced (less bottoming out problem) but the car didn't feel that well planted. I couldn't find a good compromise on the Koni adjustment, and removed both the Koni and Eibach a while ago.

I still have another set of Koni pairing with Sachs springs on the SW. IMHO, it's still better than above, but still shows some harshness on poor surfaces.

As David said, that picture is misleading a bit. If you can make sure the springs are matched to the dampers, they should be quite alright.

//2000 156 2.0TS / AD Remap / Supersprint Exhaust / K&N Filter Kit / Rhoddy Harvey-Bailey Suspension / AR Strut bar /16" Telephone dials + Yokohama V550 / Tar-Ox discs + SS lines + MQ pads //

//2005 Subaru Impreza WRX PPP / K&N Short Ram-air Intake / Brembo 4-pot Brake Kits / Prodrive GC-010 British Black 18x7.5 Forged Alloys / Michelin Pilot Sport Cup / Prodrive Spring Kit / STi Aero kit //

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

dampers , koni , lowering , springs