Squeaky GT clutch pedal - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 20-11-10 Thread Starter
County: Essex

Member car:

Alfa GT 19 JTD

Squeaky GT clutch pedal

The clutch pedal on my 06 GT 1.9 JTD got very creaky just as I pressed the pedal. I took the push rod off the pedal and greased the bearing and arm (the clip is a task to get back on with your head jammed up in the footwell!) but it made no difference. I then pushed the straw on a can of WD40 down the rubber gaiter the rod disappears into through the bulkhead, and gave it a good dosing, and the creak went away!

When you disconnect the push rod from the pedal you will inevitably lift the pedal right up, which will push the small rod on the white plastic sensor above the pedal back into the sensor housing. This will result in the cruise control not working because it thinks the clutch pedal is depressed. You have to twist the white sensor anticlockwise through 90 degress to release it and pull the little white rod out a couple of clicks. Twist the sensor back in place and the rod will now be pushed in when the pedal is released and the cruise will work again.

Whole job will take 5-10 mins depending on how lucky you are to get the clip securing the clutch push rod to the pedal back through the little hole in the arm of the pedal. You may even drop it into the top of the foot rest block, which then means you have to unscrew that to retrieve the clip. No one said it was simple.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

clutch , pedal , squeaky