Just for the record - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Just for the record

I found a posting on here about crap being talked on the Autocar forums, relating to somebody who was trying to decide whether to go for an A4 or Alfa.
Although there were some reasonable postings, most were hyper critical of Alfa's and some clowns seemed to suggest that a fairer comparison would have been with a choice of a Mondeo or Alfa.
Anyway, couldn't just let the morons banging on about fords get away with it so posted the following and came up with what I now think is a really great analogy of why people should go for the Alfa, lol!

Never read so much CR*P talked by complete idiots, I am a massive VW/Audi fan and can say that without doubt they produce the best engine ever made (mass produced) in their 1.9TDI I have driven and owned several, with unbeleivable economy combined with fantastic torque and overall performance. However if that's what life was all about, we would all marry fat ugly women (best cooks, best housekeepers and never complaining about what time we got in). We don't??? how strange. We go for something more adventurous and thrilling! Why? I'll tell you, because we need something that is a bit special that we won't tire of and that makes us smile every time we see it! So, what about a Ford? I don't think so! considering their hold on the market for the last 40 years they still produce a car that has been getting cheaper by the year with all the reiability of a russian concordsky. they had a spell where they produced cars with Ghia badges that had trim to be proud of, not any more! just cheap tat that if you change your car every 3 years will just about make it without too many weeks in traction back at the dealers. The choice is simple, go for the VW/Audi if you want the most prudent investment with frugal running costs and an Alfa if you are enthusiastic about cars and want sheer pleasure from a driving perspective. fords dont figure, they are for sad people who want to get from A to B (if they're lucky) and don't care how they achieve this. Only decent car Ford have turned out in the last 15 years is the Galaxy and only because a company with some credit built it for them! well may concede a little where the focus is concerned but the rest have been an embarrassment! Get real! Autocar, you should know better, your forum is being invaded by brain dead mutants that don't seem to know the first thing about motoring!
Sponsored Links
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

Re: Just for the record

The phrase 'going in with all guns blazing' springs to mind

Fair play to you for fighting our corner. Not sure that mutants line is going to get you much sympathy from them though
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

I think you have made yourself popular overthere

Nice reply you have posted on that forum, but I don't think the members can handle the truth though.
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

Originally Posted by lordeffingham
Autocar, you should know better, your forum is being invaded by brain dead mutants that don't seem to know the first thing about motoring!
Oh dear, it was all going so well until this last line

I wouldn't be so hard on Fords, given what you say about them in general for can also be aimed at Alfas, re. reliability, build quality, driving positions etc, etc. What you've said is going to make you look very, very silly I'm afraid; the kind of rose-tinted biased bóllócks you'd expect from someone who didn't like what they read on an internerd forum (oh the irony...)
AO Silver Member

Oh I didnt realise you felt so much for Alfa's.... and so little for fords...

Good On ya anyway !!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT