What spark plugs should i get? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 08-11-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Limerick
What spark plugs should i get?

Hello, im getting a friend to service my 156 as i need to save some money. I'm not sure if the spark plugs actually need replacing though. He wants me to get all the parts and i have the air filter and oil filter.

It has done 79,000miles and seems to be running smoothly so i dont really know if it needs spark plugs or not? If it does can someone please link me to somewhere i can get them cheaply? The alfa dealers in Cork quoted me 390 euro for a set of long life ones and 120 euro for standard short life set. Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Have the plugs ever been changed before? If not you're well overdue. The interval for sparkplug change is 60,0000 miles. If not chnaged before, get them changed now.

The prices quoted by your dealer in Cork are ridiculous. And don't get the 'short-life' versions either, they're only meant for some versions of the 1.6 engine. Go onto uk ebay and buy the correct long-life NGK plugs from there: one official Alfa dealer is doing this deal (£59.95 plus postage, won't be much more to the Republic, just give them a ring):

They also do service kits with all the filters etc, look at their ebay shop.

Last edited by Spider95; 08-11-10 at 16:08.
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Go for the Alfa branded plugs or NGK Platinum (who make the Alfa ones!). The alternative don't last as long. They are expensive until you realise most people would have a set last 7-8 years .. then that tenner per annum isn't so bad!
AO Member
County: Hampshire

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

plugs , spark