GT V6 Clutch problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 02-11-10 Thread Starter
County: Bristol

Member car:

Alfa GT 3.2 V6

GT V6 Clutch problem

I was wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on a problem I am having with the clutch on my V6 GT.

A few days ago I lost all pressure on the clutch pedal and it just sat on the floor and needing lifting back up manually. There was no resistance in the pedal at all. I replaced the master cylinder today after seeking some advice from other people, and when I went to bleed the clutch via the salve cylinder bleed nipple there was still no pedal resistance at all, and no hydraulic fluid came out of the slave cylinder, just air and noise. I kept trying to bleed manually for about 15 mins to no avail. Still no resistance in the pedal and no fluid coming out.

I thought there may be a problem with the salve cylinder so tried bleeding it from the join in the hydraulic line before the slave cylinder with exactly the same result - no pedal resistance/pressure and no fluid coming out. I have depressed the clutch more than enough times to expect a little bit of fluid would come out.

I havent been able to use a pressurised bleeding system as none of the reservoir lids fit the brake reservoir!

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Wrexham

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

When I changed my master cylinder I found it took a long time for the master cylinder to fill with fluid from the reservoir. I waited 15 seconds from releasing the pedal to pressing it again to allow it fill before each new stroke.
AO Member
County: Cardiff
When I replaced the MC on my GT V6 I made a pressure bleeder using the lid from a tin of Hammerite thinners, the nozzle from a mastic gun and an inflatable dinghy pump. Worked a treat!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

clutch , problem