Air Con Won't Blow Cold But Been Regassed??? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Gold Member
car aircons do not work below 6 degrees centigrade !!! only de-humifier works....
nothing to do with Bosch (not Italian !) electronics !!!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Originally Posted by sirantonycartwr View Post
Hi Guys!!!

I've recently got myself an Alfa Romeo 147 on an 04 plate which has just done 50k... and I LOVE it!!!

However, there is one problem with it. The aircon is a bit funny and apparently it has been for a long time.

Basically, when I first bought it, the cold aircon would sometimes work but only worked momentarily then turn off and go hot. I didnt notice any patterns or anything - just randomly worked at times. That started to happen less and less and now I have no cold aircon.

Now its getting colder outside, I'm getting more desperate to get it fixed because to get rid of the condensation, I have to turn it on. Problem is, right now i have two options; 1) Full on heat... or 2) Nothing!

Even if the blower is on low its still way too hot!!!

Got it regassed 2 weeks ago but its still the same!

Please help! What do I do?!?!

PS. I'm going to do an ECU reset tonight.
The climate control in my GT suffered a similar problem. No hot air, just cold and the air could barely be felt from the vents even though I had the system re-gassed.

The solution in my case was to replace the pollen filter located in the panel under the passenger-side footwell, which was completely blocked. After that, I had cold air blasting from the vents when the climate control was on.

Also, I would second the point that the climate control doesn't activate below a certain temperature. This is intended to protect the system. Notwithstanding this, I do at least get decent ventilation in the car to quickly clear the windscreen.

Alfa Romeo GT Cloverleaf Q2 170bhp
Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon TI Q4 210bhp

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

air , blow , cold , con , regassed