speedo/infocentre readings - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 28-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire
speedo/infocentre readings

To return to a problem have read a few posts about but bot found anyone give an answer as yet; the problem of speedo (odometer) readings compared to infocentre. My 156 diesel Veloce suddenly started giving odd readings on info centre, I have today discovered that the infocentre readings are the wrong way round i.e. when set to km it agrees 100% with speedo and odometer but then gives economy figure in litre/100km, when in mph it gives a reading way below the true figure. This happened overnight with no changes made to anything on the car, has anybody yet found out how to rectify this?
For your info, it is a 55 plate 1.9JTD Veloce with 137000 on clock, runs perfectly, 50mpg on manual testing, now needs 2 suspension bushes and new brake discs for next mot (sept 2011), only complaint is RUST, on roof where windscreen joins and inside door sills. Unfortunately previous owner despite perfect service record didn't get 5 year corrosion check done so local Alfa dealer wasn't very helpful.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

readings , speedo or infocentre