suspension bushes - recent experience please chaps. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 26-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
suspension bushes - recent experience please chaps.

Me again!

Basically, as i have owned my 147 for 2 years, and have not replaced any front suspension bushes, as many of you will now know I have no need to waste 10p calling my wife to let her know what time i will be home, as she can hear my car creaking and knocking half way up the M32 and so she has good advance warning of my arrival!

So, how do i tell exactly which bushes / arms need replacing, and whats a recent estimate on costs from an indie?

Mine is a 2002 147 1.6, I used to have a 2003 version (exactly the same) and was lucky enough to have our friends in Italy replace various front an rear suspension items during the warranty period. But as my bella is now 8 years old, it will be me fitting the bill!

If as i suspect, you recommend taking her to an independent in brizzle - which ones would you recommend. I dont mind spending a few quid extra if you guys know of someone who will really take care of my girl.

My gut feel would be to replace standard, im not a 'modder' but if im replacing bushes / arms etc are there any sensible alternatives i should consider?

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Carmarthenshire
Hi Paulo
i have a 2003 1.9JTD and i have replaced front ,top and bottom and anti roll bar bushes twice. The reason for this is i bought a full set off e bay and they only lasted 1k miles and i had to change the bottom ones for they were knocking, the tops started sqeaking and the anti roll bar bushes just broke up.
I purchased a 2nd set from E B Spares with the anti roll bar bushes being poly. I am now in the process of changing the rears this weekend parts also from E B Spares.

What's that saying again"buy cheap pay twice"

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bushes , chaps , experience , recent , suspension