Ideas? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 22-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Last week I posted about a possibly fault crank position sensor, basically, my wife went out in the Alfa (156 1.8 TS) and drove around 1-2 miles to collect my daughter from school, upon getting in the car it wouldn't start, fault code read P0333 - Crank Position Sensor. That looks plausible. I cleared the code and left the car for 10 minutes to stand and reflect, then it started 1st time.

So being tight, I thought I'd see if it happens again.

I've driven the car around 500 miles during the week to and from the station for work (30 miles each way Mon-Thurs) - no problems at all during the week.

Then today my wife took the car out to the school again and exactly the same happened as last week, would crank but not catch, then left it for 10 min and fine.

If it is a bad crank sensor, why hasn't it caused problems during the week OR could it be something such as a battery on its way out so when I've been doing longer runs it's been fine but on short journeys it's had trouble?

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Classic crank sensor problem, that's what happens when they are failing, especially when its backed up by the right fault code. Get it changed.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT