Alfa Parts Ireland - Wish Bones - HELP! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 21-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8TS

Crazed Alfa Parts Ireland - Wish Bones - HELP!

Hia Guys,

I am replacing my wish bones for the 3rd time [Irish Roads ] I am looking for a good Alfa parts dealer in Ireland? The original WB lasted for 7 years, the second pair lasted 13 months!

I am pretty desperate as need to get this sorted ASAP due to a trip coming up. There are a ton online in the UK and on Ebay, but can't seem to find any decent priced ones in Ireland!

Doe's anyone know of any dealers or breakers etc in Ireland? Any help much appreciated!

Cheers - Shaun
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Shaun, forget about trying to source wishbones over here.... in fact just about everything else you need/want. I get everything from EB Spares and Alfashop, two excellent companies in the UK. The Irish market is very small and in terms of Alfa, microscopic in my opinion. I would never even consider breakers for something vital like suspension components.
Check out the above mentioned, you maybe pleasantly surprised. Both supply OE and pattern parts at fair prices imo.
AO Member
County: Clare

Member car:

I second that,I use ebspares when I need parts.
AO Member

Member car:

156 2.4 JTD SW

Online Automotive - Products

These are the cheapest I've found, they may or may not be genuine, but by all accounts there are as many people on this site swear that the non-genuines last longer as there are in favour of the originals. Shouldn't take longer than 2 days to get to you.

Wishbone - ALFA ROMEO 156 Sportwagon (932) 2.4 JTD (932BXC) 03/2002 - 05/2006 150bhp 2387cc 841C000

These guys are closer to home, more expensive, and probably non-genuine as well, but they are great guys to deal with should you encounter a problem, could be in your hands in 24 hrs.

I would go with online automotive, don't think you'll beat 210 for a full set of 4 wishbones. But don't worry about taking your journey without replacing them, they won't fall off, just be noisey.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 21-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8TS

Wave Man ....

I love ALFA owners!

Big thanks guys, great responses and a big help! I will go the UK route and get the full set online! Love my 156 and working to keep it on the road for a long time to come

I have a great local mechanic, much better than the local Alfa/Fiat dealer, man were they useless!

Was very unsure due to the noise about safety, but mind at rest as mechanic said same thing lol. [Give me a computer and I can do anything, but car mechanics, man .......... lost lol]

Cheers and now another reason I love my Alfa

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , bones , ireland , parts