initial clutch setup selespeed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 20-10-10 Thread Starter
County: Derbyshire
Help initial clutch setup selespeed

I bought a 156 veloce 2.0 jts a week ago with suspected gearbox failure,it was stuck reverse when i picked it up from scunthorpe on a trailer on the way back visited peak alfa who put it into neutral, they said no faults in selespeed,when we started it , it sounded like release bearing had gone through pressure plate which was surprising, because i bought it from a garage?i had a day striping it down then had to leave it till to day,had gearbox out by dinner,gearbox seems fine,release bearing carrier was melted,went to bauer millet for finger bolt they got wrong part wont be in till friday so come back put box back in with new clutch will carry on building back up tomorrow . what i want to know is there any initial clutch setup procedure i have read the one that says 3.4 volt or is it 3.7 at pin 7 seleplug green wire. also the m measurement 28-28.5 mm keeps coming up is this the measurement from locknut to release objective is to set up the car roughly so i can drive it back to peak alfa so they can set it up properly,they are 12 mile from me but i don't want to cause any damage please smiling from ear to ear its my first alfa.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire
Selespeed multiplug, green wire pin7, ign on! This wants to read 3.4 volts! Adjust the clutch rod to get this figure, using the 19mm with 10mm locknut!
This will be as good as you will get without setting it at 28-28.5mm on afadiag or similar!
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 21-10-10 Thread Starter
County: Derbyshire
thanks for the info much appreiciated
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa, Peugeot

A further question on this "quick setup" aspect... Does one use a piercing probe on the wire, or is it possible to back-probe the connector?

Thanks, Adam.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

clutch , initial , selespeed , setup