Lambda Sensor - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Nicola Romeo
Lambda Sensor fixed! :-)

I've just ordered one from mangoletsi, are they easy to fit?

Last edited by Nicola Romeo; 26-04-04 at 14:51. Reason: Update
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750GTV 147Lusso

Re: Lambda Sensor

Not sure if they are that easy on the moderns Jamie.
You would certainly need the car up on some ramps as the wire (I think) is right up against the bulk head behind the engine. You can't get to it from the top.
Nicola Romeo

As mangoletsi stated it should arrive this morning and it did, so I've fitted it and the smoking seems to have stopped along with the strong smell of petrol, I hope this has solved the problem.
Is there any way of telling other than an emissions testing machine? Apart from what I've already said, the old one looked ok I think not jet black or anything.
Nicola Romeo

I take it from the lack of replys nobody really knows, thanks for all the help so far though.
AO Platinum Member

Really needs hooking up to the test machine again.
Providing your CAT hasn't been killed by the excess petrol flowing through it you should be fine...
Nicola Romeo

Well Guys,
Thanks to all of you who helped me with this problem, I took my car back this morning for a "free emissions" retest and it flew threw it, strange because the garage dude somehow seemed not as pleased as me, I had a grin from ear to ear because it was the lambda sensor.
I wonder could it be because he was wanting to keep my car there all day (thats what it was booked in for fault finding) so test completed and passed, you'd think it would be just a case of handing over the mot along with my keys right? er, no! for 30 seconds work the "free" retest then turned into a 16.45 emissions retest I was not pleased but payed refusing to give him my cheque card just a cheque. Now I have just rung the VOSA dept (gave no names or garage) they said he should have either 1. retested it for free or 2. done a complete retest and charged me the full price, (which they didn't) there is no way I was going to pay for possibly a days fault finding and I told the garage that on friday, I also told them I would try and fix it over the weekend myself (which I recieved a raised eyebrow for) having completed the fix, explained it to them it seems they didn't want to let me go without charging me something hey? The gararge bloke told me the retest would be "free" what he meant was it would have been in with the fault finding costs, so because there was no fault finding done on my get the picture.

I'm quite happy to pay my way, I'm not however happy being ripped off, or treated like a moronic walking cash machine, don't they just hate it when you can think for yourself?
AO Silver Member

note if you cancel the cheque gets bounced YOU get charged by YOUR bank!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

lambda , sensor