dead battery. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 17-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Derbyshire

Member car:

147 2.0l 3dr

dead battery.

A week or 2 ago I had my remote key fob stop working overnight. Did a search here and a thread came up suggesting I drop the car battery out for a but then yet again. It worked, all buttons worked. Not having used the car for much of the weekend (for alcohol reasons) I came to go to work this evening and it don't start, with symptoms of dead battery. I've checked It is still connected etc and all seems normal. The clock has been set back to midnight as you would expect from a dead battery,

Is there something I've missed, or is it some form of immobiliser to counter people making the battery off to stop the alarms when stealing? I find it hard to beleive that something has drained the battery over 36 or so hours....

I don't have any way of jumping it for another day or so, so ill give it a go then and see what happens.

alfa ownership = dentist visit.
expensive, sometimes painful, but at the end of the you've got a perfect grin on yer face.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

battery , dead